Curriculum vitae and scientific achievements
Institute of High Pressure Physics, Polish Academy of Sciences
- 1974 – MSC in Physics, Faculty of Physics, University of Warsaw.
- 1981 – PhD in Materials Science and Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology.
- 1991 – Habilitation (DSc), Cracow Academy of Mining and Metallurgy.
- 2012 – Professor title awarded by the President of Poland.
Positions and functions
- Since 1986:
Head of the Laboratory, Current name: Laboratory of Nanostructures.
- 1988 – 1992:
CEO of spin-off company Izopress, sp. z o.o. producing high pressure equipment and SiC ceramics.
Member of the advisory team of the Minister of Science and Education in the field of nanotechnology.
- 2007 - 2014:
Member of the Domain Committee “Materials, Physics, Nanoscience" in COST – European Cooperation in Science and Technology.
Polish Delegate to the OECD "Working Party on Nanotechnology".
Polish Expert in the European Commission Committee on "Nanotechnology, Materials and Production Methods",
- 2010- 2016:
Professor at Bialystok University of Technology, Faculty of Management.
Promotion of over 40 diploma students – engineering and master's theses.
Member of the NMBP13 User Committee in NANORIGO - European Program focused on Establishing a Nanotechnology Risk Governance Framework: https://www.wecf.org/nanorigo-nano-technology-risk-governance/
- Since 2015:
Member of the Scientific Councill of the Institute of High Pressure Physics, PAS
- 1981 – 1982:
Alexander von Humboldt fellowship, University of Saarbrücken, Germany
- 1986 – 2007:
Over 36 months research as visiting scientist in Max-Planck Institute for Metallphysics, Stuttgart- Germany, Osaka University - Japan, University of Marseille - France, and University of Ulm, Germany.
|1981 – 1995||Development of the of theory of the structure of grain boundaries and interphase boundaries depending on the mutual orientation of the adjoining grains and on the nature of atomic bond between crystals. The theory explains their structure by means of one parameter: the localization parameter.|
|1985 – 1990||Development of technology for the synthesis of SiC powders, their isostatic pressing and sintering of into useful objects.|
|1985 – 1995||Investigation of the mechanisms of diffusion and migration of grain boundaries. Demonstration that the mechanism of diffusion within grain boundaries can be interstitial or vacancy one, depending on the mutual orientation of adjacent grains.|
|1995 – 2005||Introduction of a new theory explaining the mechanism of nanostructure formation in steel under severe plastic deformation, including the situation on the surface of railway rails.|
|2005 – 2010||Development of nanotechnology roadmaps and foresight with particular emphasis on the commercialization of nanotechnology.|
|2005 - 2022||
Development of nanoparticle synthesis through a combination of microwave and high-pressure technologies:
List of publications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=y2AvD1IAAAAJ&hl=pl
Achievements according to Google Scholar
|Publications in indexed international journals:||over 400|
|Quotations: 7476.||Since 2017: 3454|
|h-index: 46,||Since 2017: 33|
Quotations by year:
Granted and active Patents:
- Biological barrier membrane, PL 240082
- Method for producing composite bone implants, method for producing a granulate for the composite bone implants and the composite bone implant, PL 234534
- Method for producing bone implant and the bone implant, PL226891, US 11,260,148 B2, EP 3291850 B1
- Method for manufacturing bone implants and bone implant, US 9,675,459 B2
- Process for the preparation of bone implants and the bone implant, PL 221445
- Method for of producing nano-plates of synthetic hydroxyapatite and nanopowder comprising a synthetic hydroxyapatite nano-plates, PL 235292
- Zirconium oxide containing inorganic luminophore and method of obtaining zirconium oxide with luminescent properties PL 213412
- Zirconium dioxide luminescence oxygen sensor, US-7888658-B2
- Method for measuring the oxygen content in a gas, PL 218574, EP 2686669 B1
- Method of measuring oxygen content in gas. EP2686669A1
The over 100 times quoted papers, according to Google scholar:
- Łojkowski I Hans-J. Fecht: The Structure of Intercrystalline Interfaces, Progress in materials Science, 45 339 (2000) (present impact factor 44).
- Łojkowski, B. Gambin and A. Świderska – Środa: "Scenarios of development of advanced metallic, ceramic and composite materials". ISBN 978-83-7204-886-8,
- Lojkowski: High Pressure Effects in Chemistry, Biology and Materials Science. Defect and Diffusion Forum, Vols. 208-209, 2002
- Lojkowski, J.R. Blizzard: Interfacial Effects and Novel Properties of Nanomaterials. Solid State Phenomena Vol. 94, 2002
- Lojkowski, J.R. Blizzard: Functional Nanomaterials for Optoelectronics and other Applications. Solid State Phenomena, Vol. 99-100, 2004.
- Hreniak, W. Łojkowski, W. Strek, M. Suszyńska (ed.): Nanomaterials. Wiadomości Chemiczne, Wrocław 2004.
- R. Piticescu, W. Łojkowski, J. R. Blizard: From Nanopowders to Functional Materials. Solid State Phenomena 106, (2005).
- Łojkowski, J. R. Blizzard: High Pressure Technology of Nanomaterials. Solid State Phenomena 114, (2006).
- Łojkowski, J.R. Blizzard, U. Narkiewicz, J.D. Fidelus: Doped Nanopowders, Synthesis, Characterisation, Applications. Solid State Phenomena 128, (2007).
- Łojkowski, J. R. Blizzard: Perspectives of nanoscience and nanotechnology: Acta Materialia gold medal workshop. Diffusion and defect data, v. 140. Trans Tech Publications.
- Świderska – Środa, K.J. Kurzydłowski, M. Lewandowska, W. Łojkowski, the world of nanoparticles, PWN, Warszawa 2016, ISBN: 9788301187705.
Organization of conferences:
1996 – 2002: International High-Pressure Schools, Warsaw.
2002 – 2008 - EMRS fall Meeting Warsaw.
2002 – 2008: Organizer of E-MRS fall meetings:
2002: Interfacial Effects and Novel Properties of Nanomaterials.
2003: Functional Nanomaterials for Optoelectronics and other Applications.
2004: From Nanopowders to Functional Materials.
2005: High Pressure Technology of Nanomaterials.
2006: Doped Nanopowders, Synthesis, Characterisation, Applications.
2008: Perspectives of nanoscience and nanotechnology: Acta Materialia Gold Medal workshop.
2008 – 2011 – Nano-PL conferences, focused on combining science and industry.
Selected coordinated research projects:
|2000 – 2003||European Centre of Excellence "High Pressure"|
|2003 – 2006||European Centre of Excellence "Prenabio"|
|2005 – 2009||SPB COST “High Pressure Tunning of High Pressure Reactions” and “Chemistry in High Energy Microenvironments”|
|2006 – 2008||Foresight "Scenarios for advanced metallic, ceramic and composite materials"|
|2008 – 2011||DONANO: "Doped nanopowders for innovative industry"|
|2010 – 2013||Project Eranet - Matera "OXYNANOSEN", “Optical sensor of oxygen partial pressure in gases"|
|2011 – 2014||Eranet – Matera "Sonosca" project „Application of sono-chemical technologies for production of bioactive scaffolds for bone regeneration"|
|2013 – 2016||Eranet – Matera GoIMPLANT, "Fracture-resistant, robust, resorbable orthopaedic implant"|
|2016 – 2019||
Coordinator of the Polish team in the 5th, 6th, and 7th Framework Programme:
Coordinator of IWC PAN's tasks in the CePT I and CePT II infrastructure projects, with a total budget of over 18 million PLN.
Membership in organizations:
- Polish Association for Materials Research (vice-president in 2002-2020).
- Polish Society for Metallurgy.
- Societas Humboldtiana Polonorum.
- Deutsche Alpin Verein, section Ulm SSV 1846.
Selected training courses:
2003: Time management – personal effectiveness.
2003: Project management – process and communication approach.
2004: Team management. Aspects of the group process.
2008: GTD: Get Things Done. Personal efficiency system according to the GTD method.
2009: Developing cooperation and leading a team.
2009: Effective managerial communication. Building authority.
2010: Completion of 6 project management according to Theory of Constraints courses.
2016: Requirements of the PN EN ISO 13485:2012 in the Integrated Management System (IMS)
2017: Risk Management in Projects according to PMI PMBOK 2017
2007: Gold Medal of Merit from the President of the Republic of Poland.
2007: Diploma "Ambassador of Polish Congresses" awarded by the Polish Tourism Organization for merits in organizing scientific congresses in Poland.
Knowledge of foreign languages:
Very Good in writing and speaking: English, Good in speaking and reading, poor in writing: German.
Satisfactory in speaking, good in reading, poor in writing: Italian, French, Russian.
Science of management of projects and scientific teams.
Application of the Theory of Constraints in Management.
Technological foresight, Geopolitics.